Second Chinese World Assembly, 2021
“The Values of Chinese Traditional Culture in Changing Times” It is our sincere belief that ancient and profound Chinese philosophy can provide practical guidance and wisdom for managing the challenges of our times, from the personal to the international levels. Also, the elegance and beauty of Chinese poetry, calligraphy, music, dance and art, can offer inspiring and refreshing respite from the tensions and demands of modern life.
In 2019, the First Chinese World Assembly was held in Taiwan, with the theme “The Role of Chinese Communities in One Global Family.” There were 300 participants from 13 nations and regions. The program included speeches by prominent Chinese leaders from several different countries, intergenerational discussion forums, working groups, and networking opportunities. The program was adorned by delightful music and dance performances. The Second Chinese World Assembly was originally planned for 2020 in Malaysia, but due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, it was postponed to 2021. As the pandemic is still restricting travel and limiting gatherings, only Malaysian participants will be able to attend in person, while others will participate through an online forum. The positive aspect of this is that we can accommodate a much larger audience, with participants all over the world.
1. To advance the vision of world peace based on the traditional Chinese concept of “One Family under Heaven,” in which all people are respected and treated like family members.
2. To strengthen cooperation between people in various fields who share a commitment to human advancement and social development based on the time-honoured approach of seeking harmony, consensus and mutual benefit.
3. To serve as a platform and networking opportunity for Chinese community leaders and others who promote filial piety, family and social harmony, cultural programs and intercultural exchange through community activities and projects.
4. To recognise the accomplishments of outstanding Chinese leaders through the presentation of the Chinese Peace Prize.
Registration for Physical and Virtual Participation is open now!!!
Let’s witness the happening of this meaningful event together!
Highlights of Event:
– Congratulatory Remarks from prominent speakers worldwide
– Speeches from the Chinese Peace Prize candidates
– Chinese Peace Prize Award Ceremony
– Chinese Cultural Performances
The Chinese Peace Prize
The first World Chinese Assembly was held on November 22, 2019. Around 300 participants, including prominent Chinese leaders and speakers from 13 nations and regions, joined the spectacular event. During the event, The Chinese Peace Prize proposal was first introduced, to be awarded to recipients of Chinese nationality, overseas Chinese or diaspora Chinese whose contributions to society have conferred great benefit to humankind. The goal is not only to acknowledge model world citizens of Chinese origin, but also to encourage Chinese communities to reflect on and emulate their virtue. The participants unanimously agreed to adopt this proposal. The founders of this award look forward to its positive impact on the peaceful and virtuous development of Chinese communities.